A warm welcome
Welcome to the Mas des Romarins, an old French country Mas and former flower farm recently accredited as a “Chambre d’hôtes de référence” by the French Tourist Office. Fully refurbished, this grand old dame is set in 3.5 acres, surrounded by vineyards just a few minutes out of the historical town of Fayence.
Our attention to detail and warmth of welcome sets us apart and makes us the perfect destination for discerning guests looking for understated, back-to-nature luxury on a bed and breakfast basis. We’ve a minimum 3 night stay policy, but are confident that after your first night you’ll be glad of the second and third !
The Mas is a traditional stone-built farmhouse in true Provencal style and is a haven of tranquillity that has been completely refurbished to a high standard.
We’ve created multiple spaces to socialise or to disconnect as the mood takes you: we’ve a large swimming pool with a wrap-around decking area shaded with citrus trees…
We take our impact on our local environment very seriously and have put in place a number of measures to protect and minimise our local impact…
We fell in love with the Mas des Romarins before we even saw the house, as we arrived at the Chapelle de Notre Dame des Cyprès, we knew we were on to something special…
An authentic Provencal house and lifestyle to match
The Mas is a traditional stone-built farmhouse in true Provencal style and is a haven of tranquillity that has been completely refurbished to a high standard. We’re set amongst vines and have our own olive grove, beehives and chickens. With great local restaurants offering seasonal, fresh produce, markets, historic towns as well as a myriad of activities such as cycling, water sports and great hikes and walks, we really can offer you the best that Provence has to offer. But don’t take our word for it, why not come and see for yourselves ?
High Quality bed and breakfast – Our watchwords
As a bed and breakfast, we take each of those words to heart in terms of quality and attention to detail. From a choice of pillows and high-quality linens, to our super comfortable “Eve” mattresses, toiletries by Molton Brown and our local soap maker – Maître Savonitto – and local, seasonal produce for breakfast including very own honey and eggs, we take pride in getting the little touches right.
Relax & Unwind
We’ve created multiple spaces to socialise or to disconnect as the mood takes you: we’ve a large swimming pool with a wrap-around decking area shaded with citrus trees, plenty of sun loungers and a summer kitchen in the pool-house with bar; we’ve a pond teaming with dragonflies, goldfish and butterflies – perfect for a relaxing sundowner; there’s a pétanque pitch for those wishing to get into the Provence mood, a yoga area overlooking the vineyards below the house and plenty of areas to retreat to with a book. We’ve beehives and a henhouse.
A Bed and Breakfast with the environment front and centre
Respect for our environment, and our impact on it, are a core part of what we do and how we do it. That’s why we’ve created this charter and are doing all we can to protect our surroundings for now and for the future.
Our environmental charter
RAISING AWARENESS FOR OURSELVES AS WELL AS FOR YOU…
- We’re very aware of what’s at stake and the part we all play in protecting our environment. We’ve adapted how we welcome you, our guests to make you feel completely at home whilst implementing sustainable tourism, we hope you’ll join our efforts.
- Our suppliers and product range are carefully chosen, based on environmental sustainability credentials.
- Ask us about local flora and fauna and we’ll happily explain what’s around us and our recent accreditation as a bird sanctuary.
- To reduce car reliance we offer alternatives : a shuttle service, free bike loan & hire of electric bikes delivered to the Mas etc.
ENERGY AND WATER SAVING MEASURES WE’VE PUT IN PLACE :
- Taps in all our showers and sinks are « Rainforest » designed by Philippe Starck and use 50% less water.
- We read our water and electricity meters monthly, to better manage our consumption.
- Earthenware « Oyas » in the garden run on a morning-cycle, droplet watering system, reducing water consumption by 60%.
- New bulbs are all low wattage or LED “warm-light”; we’re phasing out all older bulbs and are over 75% there already.
- Movement detectors in communal areas reduce energy waste, we would ask you to turn off lights when leaving your room.
- All of our electricity and gas is certified 100% renewable and we use low-power heat pumps for hot water, heating and aircon.
- We’d ask you to turn off your air conditioning if leaving for the day, we can turn it back on for you 45 minutes prior to you getting home, if you let us know an approximate arrival time.
WASTE REDUCTION & RECYCLING :
- We’ve several recycling points around the property, to sort glass, from plastics and packaging and papers.
- We sort and recycle wherever we can, organic matter is fed to our chickens or the compost, and avoid excess packaging on purchases wherever possible.
- We’ve a free, filtered water service in glass bottles, and encourage you to use this to reduce single-use, plastic water bottles.
- We’ve signage to help you join us in recycling as much as possible, in accordance with local regulations.
- All disposable cutlery and tableware has been removed but we’re happy to provide chinaware for any meals on-site.
YOUR WELLBEING IS PARAMOUNT TO US :
- We offer a good range of local, artisan-produced products typical of our region.
- Our breakfast menu offers several home made items, as well as other locally-sourced, fairly-traded, organic options.
- Our cleaning products are eco-labelled, improving air quality and reducing health hazards from chemicals.
- Our rooms are all non-smoking.
AND LASTLY, TO ROUNDUP :
- Our grounds are maintained without pesticides nor artificial fertilizers, and our ewes help keep the grass under control.
- We partner with local recycling points, offering a second life to “retired” furniture and fittings.
- Each year we look at new ways and criteria to assess how we are doing and make continuous improvements, so please let us have any good ideas you can think of.
Thanks in anticipation for your support for our efforts during your stay with us, we hope you enjoy it !
We fell in love with the Mas des Romarins before we even saw the house, as we arrived at the Chapelle de Notre Dame des Cyprès, we knew we were on to something special, then as we drove through the tiny hamlet and vineyards to get to the house itself, that feeling grew…
This part of Provence is stunning and we had been looking for a bigger place with land where we could set up as a quality, understated-luxury, back-to-nature bed and breakfast. The house had been empty for over 6 years and was in dire need of some TLC. The purchase completed, we moved into a tent on-site to begin much of the demolition work ourselves, it was a slow but hugely rewarding summer as this grand old dame began to reveal her true, former beauty.
We stripped back render to the original bare stone walls, and took out walls to create a more generous and coherent space. We re-wired, re-roofed, re-plumbed, re-painted and re-plastered just about everything. We put in 5 new bathrooms and 7 new toilets, a new septic tank and waste system as well as restoring the Veranda as the “orangerie” – our sunny bar area and beautiful breakfast room overlooking the pretty town of Fayence.
We hope you will love being here as much as we do…
Being part of our local community and protecting the rich architectural heritage of Fayence and Provence is very important to us. We’re proud to be members of Fayence Patrimoine which protects and restores local architectural gems. In support of their work, we donate €5 per room, per night to them.
We decided we wanted to go back to what for us are real values. We’ve been fortunate to travel widely, both professionally and privately, and on each trip have noticed it was the little things and thoughtful touches that always stayed with us.
That is what underpins everything we have done during the restoration and development of all aspects of our service.
Our attention to detail and passion to make your stay perfect are what we think sets us apart.
We hope you’ll agree after a stay here.
Our accreditations & partnerships
Les Maisons d’Hôtes de Provence
We’re proud to be a member of l’Association des Maisons d’hôtes de Provence. The “MHP-Guest Houses in Provence” is an independent network created 15 years ago and bringing together 26 authentic Provençal Bed & Breakfasts that share the same sense of hospitality and high quality of service.
Each Bed & Breakfast is unique and has its own charm. Experience Provence in one of the most beautiful regions in France, whether for a romantic weekend, a great holiday, a relaxing professional training course, a wedding or honeymoon… Every occasion will be an unforgettable trip within the MDP Bed & Breakfast network!
Chambres d’hôtes référence
Bed and breakfast offerings are growing fast and it can be challenging for travellers to know what level of quality they are likely to find.
Chambres d’Hôtes de Référence is the answer to this dilemma proposed by the French Tourist Office network.
Establisments who earn the accreditation meet a number of minimum quality standards and offer travellers a commitment to maintanining them and offering facilities and a welcome of thie highest standard.
We’ve been recognised since 2021 as a fully accredited cycling partner establishment when we were awarded our Accueil Vélo accreditation. But what does that actually mean for you as a cyclist? Well, it means we offer cycling-specific information such as practical guides, cycle routes, what to see and do, where to eat, weather updates, details of local cycle repair shops, cycle equipment hire etc… All of which we trust will be useful during your cycling stay at the Mas des Romarins.